Warming, satisfying, a little sweet and very good for you – this superfood pudding from Delish is one you will turn to time and time again this winter. Watch Scott Taylor and Russell Blaikie whip up this hearty dish here, and learn a little more about the star ingredients.
Ingredients (serves 6)
– 1 C milk (can be substituted for coconut or almond milk)
– ½ C cream (can be substituted for coconut cream or almond milk)
– 1 ripe banana, mashed
– 1 star anise
– 2 T honey
– 1 cinnamon stick
– 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
– Pinch of salt
– 1 C cooked red rice
– 1½ C cooked quinoa
– Freshly sliced banana plus 4 ripe bananas for the ice cream.
– Roasted pepitas, linseeds, poppy seeds and raw almonds.
– Fresh berries and other fruit of choice.
– Greek yoghurt.
To make the banana ice cream:
– Peel, slice and freeze the bananas in resealable bags.
– Place the banana pieces into the bowl of a food processor, blitz for two to three minutes until smooth and creamy.
– Reserve in freezer.
For the pudding:
– Place the milk, cream, banana, star anise, cinnamon stick and salt into a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
– Drop in the quinoa and rice and cook slowly while stirring. The mixture will begin to thicken like a porridge.
– Add the honey to taste. Once the consistency is good, remove from heat and spoon into bowls.
– Garnish with banana slices, roasted nuts, fresh berries, fruits and yoghurt as desired. Scoop a dob of banana ice cream on top and serve.
For more great recipes and food inspiration, click on the Delish tab at the top of the page.