Title: Pizza Oven Peach Melba
Broadcast: Nov 25th
Presenter: Russell Blaikie
Ingredients for 6:
- 3 large peaches, cut in half and stone taken out
- 1 cup (250 ml) Dry White wine
- 1/3 cup (85 grams) cup plus 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 Vanilla pod, seeds scraped out
- 1 punnet raspberries, reserve a few for garnishing
- Vanilla Ice cream
- Mint for garnishing
- Pre-heat pizza oven to 230C.
- Mix the white wine, sugar and lemon juice together with the vanilla seeds, pour into the base of a heavy casserole or pan.
- Sprinkle raspberries on top of the syrup, place peaches into pan cut side up, and sprinkle peaches with the remaining sugar.
- Place into oven and cook until peaches have softened slightly, this will depend on how ripe the peaches are, but will be between 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove peaches from oven and place on the bench to rest for a minute or two.
- Serve a scoop of ice cream onto each of the serving plates, add a half peach, then drizzle with some of the reduced raspberry-wine cooking liquor. Sprinkle with a few fresh raspberries and garnish with a mint leaf, serve immediately.
The Garden Gurus