Title: Jarrahdale Primary School
Broadcast: Nov 11th
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
Schools all over the country are adding gardening to their curriculum and it’s great to see! Students are learning their food doesn’t just come from the shopping center. Today Nige is in Perth to see what Jarrahdale Primary School are up to.
- Stacey Smithers is in charge of the schools gardening program. Nige and Stacey discuss the involvement of the kids
- They have gardening classes every week, they get into the garden and harvest food, plant and propagate, they plan what to grow in the future and menus in the kitchen, the kids do all of the maintenance in the garden and take care of the chickens and worms.
- The students here start gardening in kindergarten and go all the way through to grade 6 so they come out with a really great knowledge of gardening at the end of it.
- The garden looks great even on a grey day and it’s the perfect time to give it a health boost with the kids.
- Seasol is a natural seaweed plant tonic suitable for all plants including natives. It promotes healthy vigorous growth for all plants, enhances flowering a fruiting and stimulates strong root growth and beneficial soil micro-organisms.
- With the onset of summer, Jarrahdale Primary School can be prepared by ensuring plants are strong and healthy and ready to cope with the summer stresses like heat and drought with Seasol.
P: 1800 335 508