Title: Romancing the Stone Garden
Broadcast: September 30th 2017
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Today Trevor visits the garden of an old friend of The Garden Gurus. We talk a walk through Tom’s beautiful Romancing the Stone garden in Perth foothills.
- It’s Tom’s love of building rock walls and structures that has visitors marveling when they come and visit.
- Tom started building the garden in November 2000.
- The structures and features built here are remarkable, with over 2,000 tonne of rock, with a lot of it coming from York. It’s such an elevated block that you can’t really get machines in so it’s all got to be by hand.
- Romancing the Stone has become a venue for artists of all sorts. Concerts are a highlight here and some of the quirkier exhibits are becoming most popular.
- The garden keeps evolving over time, with different sections created for parents and children to enjoy the peace and beauty of the gardens.
- Come and get in touch with nature and enjoy the garden. Romancing the Stone is open every year on October 6th-8th to raise funds for the Amanda Young Foundation.
The Garden Gurus