Title: Eko Deck
Broadcast Date: 6/4/14
Eko deck is a great new decking material from Ekologix. It’s made from 90% recyclable material, and is hard-wearing and splinter free-exactly what you want your deck to be! They have also just come out with a new line of screening material, and Trevor puts it to the test in his own garden.
- Eko deck is made from a recycled plastic milk bottle and sustainably farmed bamboo composite material that makes an amazing looking deck with some super benefits.
- It has a great ability to hold its colour, and requires little, if no, maintenance; it doesn’t even require oiling!
- The materials utilizes the same Bamboo and recycled plastic composite as the decking material, meaning that there is no rotting, not oil, sanding staining, and that it’s mould and mildew resistant, which is really important in wetter climates.
- To install it you use standard wood working tools; you pre drill and screw it in.
- The screening is being used to create a sense and feel of privacy in what is really a large open area on Trevor’s deck. Essentially, he is using it to make a spate little outdoor room.