Title: Turkish Bakeries
Broadcast: July 9th 2017
Presenter: Scott Taylor
Today we take you to a humble bakery that started over 20 years ago in a little wood fired oven in a Victoria Park shop. The authentic freshly baked turkish bread and pizza became very popular in and around Perth.
- Despite having their moments the Genc family’s love and support has gotten them where they are today.
- Hussain was really big on traditional artisan preservative and additive free, baking it how they would have back home in their wood fired oven.
- There is nothing that really beats this style of baking as opposed to baking in an oven all day. So as they move forward the business has always been about stone baking and offering a traditional artisan product to the customer.
- There’s a much easier way to do things but this is a much more authentic and traditional way of doing things.
- This style of baking produces a different flavour as the product hits the deck each product will bake slightly differently it will kick and aerate slightly different but all the flavours across the board will be the same.
P: (08) 9355 2357
This episode of Delish was presented to you by Buy West Eat Best