Title: Linley Valley Pork
Broadcast: July 9th 2017
Presenter: Scott Taylor
Today we are in the Parongurup’s in the south western corner of Australia visiting Linley Valley free range pork farms, and you can certainly see why this pork is held in such high regard!
- The man that keeps these little oinkers smiling, is farm manager Harry Harris.
- Linley Valley has been operating for over 25 years in pristine environments, which are kept very relaxed by being in a pristine environment and by being fed marshmallows, grass and their regular feed.
- The pigs are humanely processed by being put to sleep with carbon dioxide.
- It is extremely important to keep the pigs stress free as possible. When processing any animal at all it’s all about maintaining lactic acid levels to ensure suppleness of the meat.
- Under any kind of stress those levels just drop, which is why free range is best.
- This is the biggest free-range pork farm in the southern hemisphere but it really has got a boutique feel.
- Their motto is “taste the love”. Harry was saying during the mating season he plays Barry White to the pigs to get them in the mood, now that’s love.
Linley Valley Pork
P: (08) 9335 6244
This episode of Delish was presented to you by Buy West Eat Best