Title: Chef profile – Riki Kaspi
Broadcast: June 11 2017
Presenter: Riki Kaspi
Riki Kaspi is the owner at The Cooking Professor, which runs cooking classes nearly every night. Today we learn a little about Riki’s passion for cooking and one of her favourite dishes.
LAMB STUFFED POTATOES
500g lamb, minced
2 Tbsp lemon zest
2 brown onions, finely diced
5 garlic cloves, finely diced
1 cup parsley, shredded
1 cup mint, shredded
2 slices white bread, crust removed, finely chopped
1 egg 1 Tbsp dried mint
1 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp ground turmeric
1⁄2 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp salt
2 tsp bi-carb soda
5 medium sized Royal Blue potatoes
3 Tbsp Oliv oil
2 large brown onions, finely diced
2 Tbsp “Riki Kaspi Spice Journey” Ras el hanut
2 tsp pomegranate molasses
2 tsp sugar 500ml chicken stock
1 Tbsp salt 500g frozen peas
Seeds from 1⁄2 pomegranate (you need 1 handful)
50g pinenuts, roasted
- In a large bowl thoroughly mix all the meatball ingredients, except the mince and potatoes.
- Add mince to paste and mix well until combined.
- Set mixture aside.
- To make the sauce fry the onions in oil and salt until golden.
- Add Ras el hanut and sugar and fry for 1 minute.
- Add pomegranate molasses and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Peel and cut potatoes lengthwise.
- Use a small spoon scoop out the centre, leaving a 1.5cm shell.
- Fill the hollow of the potato with the meat mix.
- Add the potatoes to the sauce.
- Add peas in between the gaps.
- Put a lid on the pan and cook for 40 minutes over low heat (by then the potatoes should be tender but not falling apart).
To learn this dish at Riki’s class: Moroccan Feast with Riki Kaspi - 10/8/17 at 6pm
The Cooking Professor
P: 0411 274 712